KANE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Mission, Vision and Shared Values
Developed by the KASD Comprehensive Plan Committee
Adopted on July 10, 2014
District Mission Statement
The mission of the Kane Area School District is to provide a collaborative learning environment that empowers and engages our students.
District Vision Statement
The Kane Area School District will educate and inspire our students to maximize their individual potential.
District Shared Values
- We believe all students deserve a quality education.
- We believe all students have the ability to learn.
- We believe in lifelong learning.
- We believe in effective communication and problem solving.
- We believe schools must promote healthy lifestyle choices and a safe environment.
- We believe education must prepare students to demonstrate 21st century skills in an ever changing global and technological society.
- We believe education must develop the whole person.
- We believe learning communities encompass the entire family, community, and school.
- We believe the KASD Board of Directors, administration, faculty and staff should be positive role models.
- We believe education must engage, empower and inspire students to become good citizens with a strong work ethic.
- We believe everyone should put forth their best effort and everyone should be held accountable.
- We believe education should foster the development of self-respect and respect for others.