Standards for Approving ACT 48 Activities
If an activity is not already approved for Act 48 credit and you want to receive Act 48 credit, the following PRE-APPROVAL process must be followed.
- The activity must relate to a person?s field of study.
- The Pre-Approval form must be completed and turned in prior to attending the activity. This should be done 30 days prior to attending any activity.
- If an activity is approved for ACT 48 credit the activity hours will be adjusted and/or rated by the committee when you submit an explanation of how the activity relates to the curriculum, professional development, field of study, or how it enhances the educational environment that you teach.
- If an activity is in question to how it relates, the Act 48 committee will request further explanation.
- If an activity is not approved, then you will not receive Act 48 credit.
- Courses/seminars approved through the Superintendent?s office for reimbursement will automatically be approved for Act 48 credit, but it is your responsibility for contacting the college or university and requesting that they submit hours to PDE.
- School board approved conferences will be approved for an Act 48 activity as long as it pertains to your field of certification.
- All providers must be approved by the State (PDE) or District for Act 48 credit.
- In-service activities that fit Act 48 are already considered pre-approved, but it is your responsibility for signing in and out for these sessions.